LBC offers a number of opportunities for growth and service to our ladies. The women meet at the chapel every Thursday for prayer, and for Bible study and fellowship during the school year. There are also evening Bible studies. Current studies and times are listed below. Special activities occur throughout the year including a retreat at Camp Elim, craft night, baby and wedding showers, and a spring celebration.
Spring Bible Studies:
Wednesday evening Precepts, 6:30-8 pm begins February 8th during AWANA
Esther, book $12
What is your purpose? God is always working in the affairs of His creation, even when we are unaware. This study shows us how Esther attained royalty to fulfill God’s purpose in her life and the lives of His people. Can God use you “for such a time as this”?
Thursday mornings, 9:00-11:15 am begins January 12th
Children’s Programming & Nursery care available
Life Principles From the Old Testament
By Wayne Barber, Eddie Rasnake and Richard Shepherd
Noah and the ark, Jacob’s ladder of angels, Joseph’s coat of many colors, Moses and the burning bush, Joshua and the Battle of Jericho, Samson and Delilah: Each of the men in this study found that out in their own unique way that there’s no formula to following God. There are only principles He gives us and examples to look at, listen to, and learn from.
Thursday evenings, 7-8:30 pm begins January 12th
Trusting in his Goodness: A Woman’s Guide to Knowing God’s Purpose, by Mimi Wilson & Shelly Cook Volkhardt, $5,
Facilitated by Phyllis Koenig
Everyone is tempted to question the goodness of God. Trusting in His Goodness encourages you to embrace God’s goodness, learn to rest in Him, and experience transformation. In each chapter, you’ll learn a different aspect of God’s goodness and discover how to create “holy habits.” Be encouraged as you learn to trust God and His goodness.
Watch bulletin for more details
Women’s Retreat at Camp Elim:
Speaker: Shelly Volkhardt
Missionary, Author, Speaker, Bible teacher & Mentor
April 7-9, 2017
Women’s Prayer Group:
Thursday mornings: 8-9AM at LBC
Come any Thursday you are available
Areas of Ministry:
- Children’s programming and/or nursery: Assist with nursery care or children’s Bible lesson activities on Sun am, Wed pm and Thur am
- Creative Home Nights: Volunteer to teach a craft, skill or topic in a small group setting
- Posters & Flyers: Volunteer to assist with advertising events by making posters, brochures and decorating our bulletin board.
- Events: Assist in planning, organizing and/or preparing for events through Women’s Ministries
- Bridal & Baby Showers: Volunteers are needed to assist in the planning & preparation, Marilee, 303-770-5469
- Meals: Assist in preparing a meal for a family during their time of need, Contact Amanda, 303-548-0697 or Lea, 303-550-1002
- Food for Memorial Services: Assist in preparing a meal at LBC or providing cookies, Contact Cindy Harrison,303-798-1030
- Kitchen Clean-Up: Help with deep cleaning periodically
- Visitation: Visit sick, hospitalized or homebound, Contact Gina Barr, 303-842-6694
- Mentoring: Available if you are seeking spiritual or practical counsel with an older woman
- Gardening: Assist with the upkeep of the flowers and landscaping, Contact Sheryl Hazouri, 303-781-6614
- Camp Elim Women’s Retreat Committee: Review program, Plan Break-out sessions, Music & Decorations
Contact Sue Grounds for more information: 303.483.5545
Women Helping Women Ministry:
We want to express our full support of this much needed ministry. It brings joy to our hearts, to hear of women helping women, and bringing God’s Word of comfort to help encourage, support, and counsel women. Please don’t be shy about using this ministry. It’s our joy to share the riches of the sufficiency of Christ and His Word as we walk through this broken world together. ~The Elders
Cody Newcome, 7934 S. Humboldt St., Centennial, CO 80122 or hand it to Cody at the Chapel
Once your form is submitted it will be sent to Cody Newcome. All information is kept confidential and you will be contacted shortly! Thank you for reaching out to us!