- Men’s Barbeque Class / Work Day: Mark your calendars – Sat, Oct 7th from 9 to 2. Learn how to barbeque from a professional and reap the rewards for lunch!
- Ladies Crafting Night: Monday, Oct 9th – 6:30 pm. There is a sign up in the foyer TODAY.
- Widows Walk: Tues, Oct 10th at noon. Choir concert at St John’s Cathedral. Carpool at 10:30 (sack lunch). Contact Margarita 303-912-3773
- Wills & Trusts Presentation: Monday, Oct 16th, from 7:00-8:30 pm, Rob Sullivan from Believers Stewardship Ministry.
- Evangelistic Movie Night: Join us Saturday, Oct 21st at 6:00 pm to watch a movie on the evidence for intelligent design in God’s Creation. Invite co-workers, friends, & neighbors. Free food/drinks will be provided.
- Ladies Book Group: Will meet Sunday, Oct 29th for fellowship, coffee & dessert. All the info on our new book can be found in the foyer.
- Women’s Conference: November 3rd-4th (includes Fri evening dessert and Sat morning brunch). Get tickets online.
- King Soopers Reloadable Cards: Coming Oct 8th and 15th (table in the foyer). The card is initially loaded with $50 and then can be reloaded. 5% of the proceeds will go towards our deacon fund.
- Upcoming Baptism: There will be a baptism coming soon! If you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and have not been baptized, contact Kyle Fink in the office.
- LBC Choir: Rehearsals would be Thurs eve 7-8:30 starting Oct 5th (rehearsal, Bible study and fellowship). If you are interested contact David Rutherford.
WORSHIP SERVICE THEMES:
Current: “He Canceled out the Certificate of Debt” Colossians 2:14
Next Week: “The Great Exchange” 2 Corinthians 5:21
Next Week’s Sermon: Revelation 1:1-8
SERMON NOTES: “The Ordinances of the Church – Baptism” Series: The Reformation and Revitalization of the Church David Anderson
- The Theology of Baptism
John the Baptist on Baptism
Jesus on Baptism
The Early Church on Baptism
- The Criteria for Baptism
- Some Questions about Baptism
Does the mode of baptism matter?
“I was baptized as a kid, should I get re-baptized?”
“I was baptized at another church, do I need to get re-baptized?”
We have already mentioned that baptism is for believers…but what about kids?