- May Special Offering: Camp Elim “Send-A-Child to Camp” ($400 per child for summer camp) Please designate your checks accordingly on a sticky note.
- Baby Shower for Carol Brown: May 8th @ 7pm. She is registered at Target & www.babylist.com/carol-brown-registry.
- Men’s Ministries Pistol Shoot: May 13th from 9:30 to 1:00 (lunch included) at Bill Scott’s ranch (contact Bill at 720-256-4217).
- Open House for Dave & Marilee: May 13th from 3-5:00 pm. In honor of 50 years of marriage and many years of deacon and Sunday School ministry.
- Mother’s Day Baby Dedications: For all new moms and their babies on May 14th during the worship service. Contact office to sign up – deadline May 7th.
- The New Peoples Class: Sunday, May 21st at 9:00 am. The class will give a summary of our beliefs, distinctions and ministries. Includes breakfast!
- Prayer for Nation & Community: May 21st from 8:15 – 8:45 am in the east auditorium.
- Alternatives Pregnancy Center: Women’s Ministries Baby Shower and Luncheon on May 21st, 11:30.
- Mexico 20 Year Celebration Party: May 30th from 6-8:00 pm at LBC. Meet Augustine and his family (elder from EZ, Mexico).
- Upcoming Fall Guatemala Trips: Week 1: Nov 18 – 26 / Week 2: Nov 25 – Dec 3. Contact Mike Douglas
- Serving our Seniors: We have a need for drivers to pick up and drop off seniors on Sundays (using the LBC bus). The commitment is one weekend per month. Contact Bill Scott or David Bartlett if interested.
WORSHIP SERVICE THEMES:
Current: “Let us Discern the Body” 1 Corinthians 11:29
Next Week: “Jesus is our Bread of Life” John 6:32-35
Next Week’s Sermon: Mother’s Day message
SERMON NOTES: “The Goodness of God & the Pain of Life” Genesis 46:28-47:27 David Anderson
The Winsomeness of Joseph (46:28-34)
The Wisdom of Joseph (47:1-27)
Planning for his Family (47:1-12)
Planning for Egypt (47:13-27)
The Goodness of God and the Pain of Life