- May Special Offering: Camp Elim: “Send-A-Child to Camp” ($400 per child for summer camp) Please designate your checks accordingly on a sticky note.
- Alternatives Pregnancy Center: Women’s Ministries Baby Shower and Luncheon TODAY at 11:30.
- Bridal Shower: For Deborah Fritzler at Orchard Bible Church, May 24th at 7pm. She is registered at Bed, Bath & Beyond and Amazon.
- Mexico Celebration Party: Grilled hotdogs and hamburgers Tuesday, May 30th from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at LBC. Meet Augustine and his family (elder from the church in EZ, Mexico – this year marks the 20 year anniversary!)
- College/Career Age Meeting: June 4th at 11:30 (with pizza!) We will discuss our college age and career age ministries. If you are in the 18-26 age range, you are invited!
- Upcoming Fall Guatemala Trips: Week 1: Nov 18 – 26 / Week 2: Nov 25 – Dec 3. Contact Mike Douglas at email@example.com
- Serving our Seniors: We have a need for drivers to pick up and drop off seniors on Sundays (using the LBC bus). The commitment is one weekend per month. Contact Bill Scott or David Bartlett if interested.
- Local Evangelism Prayer: If you would like to get weekly prayer requests concerning local evangelistic efforts, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list.
- Lost and Found Table: Come pick up your belongings on the table by the East Auditorium. This is the last week to pick up items!
- Directory Updates: Be sure and update your info on the table in the fellowship area. Also send us your updated picture (e-mail the office).
WORSHIP SERVICE THEMES:
Current: “We have Participation with Christ” 1 Corinthians 10:16
Next Week: “We Have Forgiveness of Sin Through Christ” Matt 26:28
Next Week’s Sermon: Genesis 49:1-33
SERMON NOTES: “A Faith That Pushes Across the Finish Line” Joseph Series: Genesis 47:28-48:22 Jonathon Newcome
Jacob takes center stage with 3 significant events
Making Joseph swear to bury him in Canaan (47:28-31)
Adopting Joseph’s 2 sons (48:1-6)
Jacob passes on the blessing (48:15-16)
Jacob earns his place in the hall
Jacob the finisher (the role model for the rest of us)